Thursday, July 21, 2011

Weeks 25-26: Signing Off

 I am now down to my final days in Costa Rica. Amazing. As the departure day draws near I am thinking more and more about being home---and at the same time reflecting on the past six months. It's been an adventure.

To my boys: I'm going to miss you guys.
If you told me a year ago that I would be living in Costa Rica, I would have laughed and dismissed that idea. There was no reason to leave my job, friends, and life as I knew it in exchange for something so uncertain. But thankfully God called and brought me here, and by his grace I've been blessed through this time. There are so many things that I have learned from this experience that I believe will have a profound impact on the rest of my life. I pray that they will.

With so many lessons learned, it's difficult to express my entire sentiment on this experience. However, I think one lesson really captures the essense of what God wanted to teach me here: God doesn't need me to go out and save the world--He will redeem this world. On the contrary, I have seen how much I need Christ in my own heart. A broken heart cannot fix a broken world. I can only ask the Lord to transform my own heart that I might be an instrument in his hands. Here there is power.

To all those who have prayed for me, encouraged me, and supported me: Thank you. Without your faithfulness I would not be here in Costa Rica. You each have played a huge part in the blessings God has bestowed on me.

This is my last blog and the next time you hear from me--God willing--it will be in person. Until then...

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brothers. Amen. Gal. 6:18

Signing off...

2 comments:

  1. I seriously misread your closing sentence and thought you had typed "the next time you hear from me--God willing--it will be in prison."

    HA!

    Safe travels home, Andre!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reflection, Andrew! Be safe in your upcoming travels!

    ReplyDelete