Sunday, March 13, 2011

Week 7: Hidden Treasures


300 steps or one long tumble down!


Sunday afternoons are usually a time of mental recovery from a weekend of Spanish, but this afternoon was different. My host father and brothers took a stroll down the street, across a neighbor's parcel, and down a long, steep set of stairs. Our street is mix between residential and pasture land. The land is quite pleasant but it conceals its sacred jewel with the help of a few hills and thick forest. Once to the bottom of the stairs and around one river bend, it finally revealed itself.  
 A hidden tresure 
  
 Last of the Mochians?
 
A refreshing swim


It was great to finally get out and see some of the natural beauty that makes Costa Rica famous. Typically we don't have many activities during the weekday afternoons, and weekends are often similar. Because I live with a host family, I don't really have the luxury to go wherever I want. During my free time I often read (very unlike myself) or study Spanish. As someone who enjoys being out in the woods, it's easy for me to catch a little bit of cabin fever. Today was much needed--praise the Lord for that provision!


Me and my brothers. Check out Gabriel's sweet suit!



2 comments:

  1. awww...i like the "family" pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! Love the blog. I was finally able catch up and read through it all. I will be praying for you, that God will free you from the distractions of comforts and allow you to be used to your full capacity during your time in CR. All the best bro!

    ReplyDelete