Friday, February 11, 2011

Week 3: Coffee and Graduation

On Thursday we took another break from language school to visit a local coffee plant to learn more about one of Costa Rica's important exports. Coffee was the first crop/product to jumpstart Costa Rica´s industrial growth. The climate and terrain of the region are well suited for growing coffee beans and they have taken advantage of that fact. We took a tour of the local mill in Atenas and witnessed the process by which the coffee bean is washed, shelled, and dried.

This week was also the final week of language school. The school has definitely been a great refresher, and I feel confident that I can build on what I learned in the last few weeks. Thank you to everyone who has prayed for me in this learning process---I still have a long way to go!

Picture- Me with a whole heap of coffee! (and
my sweet new haircut--shorter than normal)

I won´t get much time to recover from language school, as tomorrow I leave for Puerto Morelos, Mexico. This is one of the projects I will be working on while I am here in Costa Rica. EMI is partnering with Amor Ministries to design a seminary/school campus that will be used to train pastors and other students. I won't go into details at this time, but you can learn more about the project at this link: http://www.emiamericalatina.org/projects/project_7088_EN.php 

Please pray for safety for our project team while we travel. Even more importantly, pray that God will bless this time so that our time will not be in vain. Pray for us to be diligent during the week, whether we are working or building friendships. Pray that we will be humble in our labors, knowing that we our no better than the people we serve, and that we are all broken people. Pray that the gospel will be shown in all that is done and said.



1 comment:

  1. oh how i loved costa rican coffee. we will be praying for y'alls team as you continue traveling!

    ReplyDelete